Here is our latest instalment about what is what in WP. Everything from new in the WP-verse, what’s hot around WordPress, latest releases, WP Video tutorials to watch, WP resources worth reading, explosive WP deals and upcoming WP events.
WordPress reached an important milestone leading up to the release of 6.1, with the release of the first Release Candidate (RC1). WordPress 6.1 is planned for official release on November 1st, 2022, less than three weeks away. Since Beta 3, approximately 100 items have been addressed, bringing the total count to more than 2,000 updates since WordPress 6.0 in May of 2022.
What's News in the WP-verse 🌍
- WordPress reached an important milestone leading up to the release of 6.1, with the release of the first Release Candidate (RC1). WordPress 6.1 is planned for official release on November 1st, 2022, less than three weeks away. Since Beta 3, approximately 100 items have been addressed, bringing the total count to more than 2,000 updates since WordPress 6.0 in May of 2022.
- WordPress drops Security support for older installations – If you’re still using WordPress versions 3.7 – 4.0, it’s time for an upgrade, as WordPress no longer offers security support for them.
- The first developer-focused course, Using the WordPress Data Layer, is live on Learn WordPress.
- The WebP proposal was pulled from the upcoming WordPress 6.1 release in response to this post and subsequent discussions. Users can still get this feature using the Performance Lab plugin.
- WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg suggested revisiting canonical plugins and adopting a plugin-first approach when developing new features for core.
- The Hosting and Documentation Teams are collaborating on the creation of a new WordPress Advanced Administration Handbook.
What's Hot around WordPress 🔥
More than 3.4 million websites use WooCommerce, according to Builtwith, including 25% of the top million online stores. CEO of WooCommerce, Paul Maiorana kicked off WooSesh last week giving an overview of the current state of the ecosystem. One of the biggest announcements from the event was that WooCommerce is developing its own hosted, turnkey solution in collaboration with hosting partners. WordPress.com will be the first to pilot the product in February 2023.
The WordPress 6.1 release focuses on increased control for a more intuitive site and content creation experience, and will be bundled with a new default block theme, Twenty Twenty-Three (TT3). This theme comes with 10 style variations designed by community members that you can easily switch between to customize the look and feel of your site.
Bite-size WP News 😬
- WP Social Ninja crosses 8000+ active installations
- Exclusive Addons for Elementor crosses the 40k active installations mark
Latest WP Releases 🎉
- WooCommerce 7.0 – Cart & Checkout Blocks, Filter UI updates, improved product search, some Database & Template changes and Filters additions.
- WooCommerce Blocks 8.7.0 – This release is focused on a lot of internal changes and bug fixes.
- Peepso 22.214.171.124 – Added Alpha release for File Uploads Plugin, a few other improvements and fixes.
- Fluent Forms 4.3.15 – Inventory Management, Conversational forms calculations, Cloudflare Turnstile integration, Coupon code improvements, min. function in calculation fields and more.
- Gutenberg 14.3 – Available for download as of October 12, 2022. This version makes it easier to navigate text blocks with
alt + arrowkeyboard combinations, and brings an improved drag-and-drop functionality for images, among other updates.
- Easy Digital Downloads 3.1 – Adds 10 new core blocks, email summaries, renamed pages and more…
WP Video Tutorials to Watch 👀
- Bricks Builder by Web Squadron
- Elementor Flexbox Container Tutorial by WPTuts
- Create a Conversational Form (Typeform alternative) with Elementor and Piotnet Addons by UWPG
- Create an Article Feedback Form with Elementor and PAFE by UWPG
WP Resources worth Reading 📚
WP Explosive Deals 🧨
- The Ultimate CSS for WP users. Get the LTD of Hoverify for $49
- Get an AI-powered content generation tool that creates engaging content for a variety of channels in just seconds with Peppertype.ai LTD starting from $99.
- Get WP Reset’s Pro version of Google Maps Widget for FREE for a Limited time on Appsumo.
- Get up to 49% discount on Ninja Tables lifetime plans.
- SureMembers by Adam Preiser from WPCrafter launches a limited time, Life deal of $199. This deal will be gone on October 23rd.
Upcoming WP Events 🗓
Oct 26, 2022: WPEngine in collaboration with Click Here Labs discuss ways to prepare your WooCommerce store for the holiday shopping season.
Nov 2, 2022: WordPress Accessibility Day is a 24-hour global event dedicated to promoting and learning website accessibility best practices for WordPress websites.
Nov 16, 2022: Recurring Revenue Retreat is the only in-person event that focuses 100% on recurring revenue from digital products and services.
Nov 17, 2022: International Search Summit, Barcelona is the only event dedicated entirely to international search marketing topics and challenges.
Nov 18, 2022: WordFest Live – A one-day, 24-hour long virtual festival of WordPress and wellness for remote workers.
Nov 24, 2022: Search Central Live, Singapore is back, in-person! Registrations are open until Nov 15th.
Dec 18, 2022: WordCamp Kolkata – Join the Biggest get together of Bengali WordPress Community.
Was this article helpful?
👋🏻 Welcome, WordPress User!
Get all the Best and Latest WordPress News in your Inbox!