Here’s more great content around the WP-verse this week. Your weekly dose of WordPress news and everything that’s hot around WordPress incl. latest releases, WP Video Tutorials to watch, WP resources worth reading, Explosive WP deals and upcoming WP Events.
Google regularly rolls out spam updates to maintain the quality of its search results. Spam updates are designed to improve Google’s automated systems that are constantly running in the background to detect spam in search results. However, it has been about 11 months since the last time Google released a spam update and now they announced the October 2022 spam update. Google said this update will take several days to complete and is a global update.
What's News in the WP-verse 🌍
WordPress 6.0.3 is now available! This release features several security fixes. Because this is a security release, it is recommended that you update your sites immediately. All versions since WordPress 3.7 have also been updated.
- The second release candidate (RC2) for WordPress 6.1 is now available! The release of WordPress 6.1 is still planned for official release on November 1st, 2022.
What's Hot around WordPress 🔥
- Goodbye Webmaster Guidelines… Hello, Google Search Essentials. Google said the term “webmaster” is outdated and very few people identify with it. For the new name they wanted something generic, something that’s not focusing on just one slice of their visitors, but rather all creators on the internet who wish to see their content in Google Search. They also wanted the new name to highlight the importance of the points covered on these pages.
- WPMUDEV launches the most affordable dedicated managed WP hosting plan for resellers.
Bite-size WP News 😬
Latest WP Releases 🎉
WP Video Tutorials to Watch 👀
- GeneratePress Theme Customization by WPTuts
- Ensuring text remains visible during Webfont load by WebSquadron
- Display Appointment capacity on a Single Service Page by Crocoblock
- Elementor Mega Menu without a Plugin by WebSquadron
WP Resources worth Reading 📚
WP Explosive Deals 🧨
Upcoming WP Events 🗓
Oct 25, 2022: First online WordPress Contributor Day
Oct 26, 2022: WPEngine in collaboration with Click Here Labs discuss ways to prepare your WooCommerce store for the holiday shopping season.
Nov 2, 2022: WordPress Accessibility Day is a 24-hour global event dedicated to promoting and learning website accessibility best practices for WordPress websites.
Nov 10, 2022: Kadence & The Good Teardown Event – The Good, a conversion rate optimization company that works with brands like Nike, Adobe and Xerox, are teaming up to bring conversion rate optimization to Kadence users.
Nov 16, 2022: Recurring Revenue Retreat is the only in-person event that focuses 100% on recurring revenue from digital products and services.
Nov 17, 2022: International Search Summit, Barcelona is the only event dedicated entirely to international search marketing topics and challenges.
Nov 18, 2022: WordFest Live – A one-day, 24-hour long virtual festival of WordPress and wellness for remote workers.
Nov 24, 2022: Search Central Live, Singapore is back, in-person! Registrations are open until Nov 15th.
Dec 18, 2022: WordCamp Kolkata – Join the Biggest get together of Bengali WordPress Community.
Was this article helpful?
👋🏻 Welcome, WordPress User!
Get all the Best and Latest WordPress News in your Inbox!